Errors are a constant issue while using any software on a desktop computer. We are subjected to errors that we are unaware of. Sage is yet another piece of software that causes problems that the users are unaware of. ‘Error Code 30’ is one of these errors.
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Sage 50 Printer not activated error code 30
Causes Sage 50 Printer not activated error code -30
The Sage 50 Printer not activated problem number -30 is caused by incorrect Sage-50 E-Mail Writer settings.
- To learn more, continue reading:
- User Account Control (UAC) has been enabled.
- Email client that is incompatible
- Damaged and distorted shape
- Sage 50 E-mail Writer can be used as a printer.
- Sage 50 E-mail Writer settings are incorrect.
- Microsoft updates should be made available.
- E-mail Writer Injured
- Strife between printer drivers
- Windows Profile has been harmed
How to Resolve Sage 50 Printer Not Activated Error Code -30
To resolve the sage 50 printer not activated error code 30, follow these steps. Erase Sage 50 writer and Repair from the installation folder by running the software as administrator.
Read following for information:
- “Run Software as Admin” is the first solution.
- UAC should be turned off (User Account Control)
- Right-click the icon in Sage 50 and choose ‘Run as Administrator.’
- “Erase Sage 50 writer and Repair from installation folder” is the second solution.
- Sage 50 should be turned off.
- Select ‘Control Panel’ from the drop-down menu. > ‘Hardware and Sound’ ‘Device Manager’ is a term used to describe a person who manages devices
- Right-click ‘Sage 50 Writer v2’ and select ‘Properties’. ‘Remove Device’ is a command.
- Choose a printer.
- Select ‘Print Server Properties’ from the ‘devices and printer’ visual’s menu bar.
- Choose ‘Drivers’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Document Converter 450’ from the drop-down menu.
- Choose ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.
- ‘Ok’ should be selected.
- Start the repair process.
- “Change Port & Permissions for E-Mail Writer” is the third solution.
- Complete Sage 50.
- Go to Start > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click Sage 50 e-mail creator and select Printer Residences from the context menu.
- Select the “Safety” tab
If no one is listed within the institution or under the user names:
- Click the “Upload” button.
- Select advanced
- Click on the “Discover Now” button.
- Choose everyone
- Add a new item by clicking on it.
Ascertain that all indexed customers and businesses have full ownership over their data.
- Go to the ports tab.
- Add a port by clicking on it.
- Choose a nearest port.
- Select a new port.
- For a port call, type pdf1.
- Click the OK button.
- Printer ports should be closed.
- Take a look at pdf1 for the port list.
- Select configure from the menu.
- Retrying the boom transmission to 240
- Select the advanced option.
- Select the spool print files you want to use.
- Select the option to enable enhanced printing features.
- Select a print to send directly to the printer.
- Click on adequate, then practice.
- Start the computer again.
- If you still make a mistake, move on to the following section.
Sage 50 not responding
Sage 50 not responding connection with Windows was automatically terminated since Windows Compatibility Mode was triggered owing to widow modes. The system memory is insufficient or there is no RAM memory. The time it takes for a command to reply rises due to a slow Internet connection. Other application may be open and operating in the background.
How to check system compatibility when sage 50 not responding properly:
- Go to desktop and then right click on sage icon.
- then go to properties.
- In the properties click on compatibility tab.
- Click on change setting for all user in option.
- then select program in compatibility mode.
- click on your windows operating system. Then select ok button.
- Now, check sage 50 responding properly or not.