QuickBooks Desktop is one of the most reliable accounting software available on the market, but many users experience problems shortly after installing the software. When QuickBooks is used in the multiuser mode, the majority of these errors are related to data files or network setup. A common QuickBooks error is 6123, 0 that users encounter when opening company files in the multi-user mode after upgrading to new versions of QuickBooks. This error can also occur following a backup. We will explore QuickBooks Error 6123,0 along with its causes and solutions in detail.
The QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 occurs after you update a company file to a newer version of QuickBooks after opening the company file over the network or in multi-user mode. While restoring the backup, you might also get the error code 6123, 0.
Causes of the Quickbooks error 6123,0
- Your network connection to the host computer is corrupt.
- The firewall software of the system is blocking a port that is important for communication with the server that hosts company files.
- The .QBW file was damaged.
- Files or data in QB are corrupted.
- Several QuickBooks instances are running the database service.
- Antivirus software installed on your computer is causing the issue.
- When opening, restoring, upgrading, or moving a company file to another location, there is corruption.
- The file could not be opened because of insufficient permissions.
Troubleshoot the Quickbooks error 6123 ,0
QuickBooks error 6123 0 can be fixed by ensuring the name of your company file does not contain any special characters. For repairing the error, you can use the QuickBooks Tool Hub and its tools such as Quick Fix My Program.
Download QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub should be downloaded and installed on your Windows or Mac computer in order to fix error 6123 0. Here’s how to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- QuickBooks Desktop should be closed if it is open.
- You will need to download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub File” on your computer.
- The “QuickBooks tool hub .exe file” should be saved in a specific location so that it can easily be found.
- Click on “QuickBooksToolHub.exe”.
- To agree to the terms, follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you have downloaded and installed it successfully, you can launch it to perform. All you have to do is double-click the software icon. The QuickBooks Tool Hub can also be found using the Windows search bar. To troubleshoot errors 6123,0 in QuickBooks, run the tool.
Quick Fix My Program
QuickBooks error 6123 0 can be resolved by utilizing the Quick Fix my Program application. The Quick Fix my Program application can be found in the QuickBooks Tools Hub. Here’s how it works. Click here to fix the issue.
- Launch the “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- From the left-hand menu, click “Program Problems”.
- To fix your program quickly, click the “Quick Fix” button.
Hopefully, After following the above mentioned method you can resolve the error. Still, if you face the same problem you can try other methods.