In 2012, Intuit launched QuickBooks File Doctor Tool with the goal to troubleshoot the issues that customers experience while working on the QuickBooks software. This tool is a combination of a network diagnostic tool and a company diagnostic tool that is for the users of QuickBooks and it can resolve the error automatically. So, in this article, we discuss how you can repair the company file and network issues. If you want to know more about this tool then read this article carefully till the end.
Errors can be Fixed by QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
There is a list of errors that can be resolved by using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. Below are the errors mentioned:-
- Error code -1650
- Error -6000 -301
- Network errors
- Error in updating QuickBooks
- H series errors
- 6000 series errors
- Data corruption error
- Unable to open QuickBooks company files
- Missing or blank lists of vendor, customer, or employee
- Multi-user mode
- Malware attack hard drive
- Installation issues
Some Important Things About QBFD Tool
- If you want to install the latest released version of QuickBooks File Doctor then you have to uninstall the old or existing downloaded version of this tool.
- All QuickBooks versions post-2015 that come with the inbuilt file doctor tool, we suggest you use the external file doctor tool.
- For the Windows versions only, the file doctor is accessible with all the QuickBooks desktops.
- This tool is automatic, if an error occurs then this tool will appear. You just have to click on the start tab and the rest will do it.
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:-
- Stand-alone version- QBFD is used from the server where QuickBooks database server manager components are installed to host the files.
- Built-in version- this is the other version of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool which comes with QuickBooks 2016 and the later versions.
Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
There are two methods to download and install the file doctor tool on your system. Below are the steps mentioned:-
Method 1- via Website
- Initially, go to the official website of Intuit and download the QB file doctor and QBFD.exe file is running.
- Now, the installation process starts.
- When the installation is finished then it will open the file automatically. Open the software from the start tab or click on the icon.
- Now, note that the text is adopted.
- The network system framework is of the best relevance, if you don’t have the settings then it is downloaded from the setup of File Doctor.
- Lastly, you have to continue the installation method, if the other apps are being installed.
Method 2- via QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, you have to download the latest release version (220.127.116.11) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save the file where you can easily access it.
- Now, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Then, an instruction will appear on your screen, follow all the steps and accept the terms and conditioners.
- When the installation is successfully complete then, Double-tap on the QuickBooks Tool Hub to start the tool.
- After that, select the company file issue and open it.
- Then, choose the Run file doctor option from the Tool Hub. It will take one minute to open the file.
- Now, from the drop-down menu select a file to check and then continue with it.
- Lastly, it will ask for your QuickBooks password and click on Next.
How to Fix Company File Issue and Network Issue by using File Doctor
There are the following steps mentioned below to resolve the company file and network issue with the QuickBooks File Doctor. Let’s see the steps:-
Steps 1- Run Quick Fix my File
- First of all, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose the Company file issue tab.
- Then, select the Quick Fix my File.
- Now, when it completes then tap on Ok and launch QuickBooks.
Step 2- Start QuickBooks File Doctor
- Firstly, open the Tool Hub and go to the company file issues.
- Then, choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor. It may take one minute to open the file doctor.
- After that, select the company file from the drop-down menu from file doctor. If you don’t see a file then go to the browser and search for your files.
- Now, choose the Check your file and then tap on Continue.
- Lastly, you have to type your QuickBooks password and click on Next.
Step 3- Repair QuickBooks Desktop
Important: you will get options to convert it when you repair the old company file to the new latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. The options are- choose to Repair the file for your existing version of QuickBooks. If the repair is failed then you have to select the second option Open file in a newer version of QuickBooks to update. (if you update it then the older version will open).
If you open the QuickBooks Desktop 2011 or older version then there are two options:-
- Open the file in a newer version of QuickBooks: This will open the company file in QuickBooks 2011 or later.
- Repair the file in your existing version: it will repair your company file for your version of QuickBooks.
Step 4- Update and Backup of QuickBooks
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Help option.
- Then, update QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, run updates regularly.
- Verify and rebuild the data.
In the above article, we discuss the QuickBooks File Doctor – Fix Company File and Network Errors. We hope that all the steps will be helpful for you and resolve all the errors and issues. If you want to know more or are facing any issues with your system then visit our other posts as well to troubleshoot them